Cleaning Service Blog
Product Reviews | Mopping 2021| 2021
There are four common types of mops essentially:
The Old Bucket Mop
While useful in very ruff industrial areas that require massive "flushing" they are generally obsolete because of the dirty water concept.
The "Gimmick" Mop
Failed consumer junk such as the "spin mop" and other non-sense leaves floors streaky and with dirty film.
The Steam Mop
While the high temperature steam helps it ultimately fails due to slow cleaning and the fact it is still dependent on the right chemicals and pad replacements like the microfiber mop.
The Commercial Microfiber Mop
The most useful mop in 98% of residential and commercial situations. Use the right cleaning solutions and replace mop heads every 100-150 square feet while cleaning and you'll get superior results - fast. We use these with our maid service and janitorial divisions.
Standard Mop Operating Procedure (SMOP)
Make sure you follow SMOP when mopping with your microfiber mop.
- Change pads every 100-150 square feet so you don’t deposit dirty residue back on the floor
- Use different pads for bathrooms – don’t use the same pad for other areas!
- Make sure – for the average home – you have about 25 pads
- Use a pump sprayer vs a spray bottle to spread your mop cleaning product on evenly
- If you have to mix up your floor cleaner first use distilled or RO water only – skip the hard water